Hulu and London

Sigh! I used to REALLY love Hulu.com but it is slowly morphing itself into a commercialized pay site. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Hook a bunch of users with your streamlined interface then slowly start adding more commercials to the programs, then tack on a fee to see the full length versions to 5 star programs. I guess I wouldn't mind if I could get EVERY program I ever wanted. But even Hulu has it's limits. (for now anyway) Right now I'm in a fight with DirectTV about the price for our programming. I ask for little but pay a lot for basics and I'm tired of it!

Then there's the uprising in London over the college tuition rates going up triple! Those people are mad as hell. So when are we going to have our uprising? I'm not talking about passive aggressive demonstrations over taxes but a REAL hoe down over corporate America and overall inequalities? Right now I'm simmering...keeping myself from the boiling point by prayer and meditation but even folks like me have a cracking point.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to that in our country to get change accomplished.




1 comment:

  1. I’ve Directv but it may not be for much longer especially if I get other ways to pick up English football. Working on it.
    You see far more demonstrations in Europe period. Lower their wages they go to the streets. Cut their hours they go to the streets. Increase taxes, tuition, etc they go to the streets. Cut services such as health care, transport, etc they go the streets. You know what the difference is? Over there, the government is afraid of the people because the public is informed & involved. Here, the people are afraid of the government because they are misinformed & apathetic

    ReplyDelete