"50 Shades of Grey" Jumped to the Big Screen





Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer by IGN

There have been mixed reviews on this movie but I enjoyed it.  I make it a habit to not go into a movie expecting it to be just like the book so there is very little disappointment.  Friends and I have had some disagreements as to the casting but I believe that they got it right with both Jamie Dornan (also star of "The Fall") and Dakota Johnson.  What would have made the film better was if they could have done more to to explain the complexity of Grey's character.  People who have not read the books and just see the trailers tend to make uninformed judgments on Grey and believe him to be an abuser and that somehow this movie is glorifying abuse.  It does not.  All I can say is, make an informed judgement AFTER reading the entire series of the books.  It is a romance story mixed with some kink, mixed with a psychological thriller.


No comments:

Post a Comment