Upgrading my Mobile Phone

The time has come to retire my current Blackberry.  For a few months I have been testing out some other phones including the iPhone.  Just about everyone I know has converted to the iPhone so I was thinking that I might too since they all seem to love them.  Well, after testing a couple of them out, I could NOT get used to the touch screen and I am a big time texter and emailer.  I love my qwerty keyboard!  I can't even tell you the speed at which I can whip out full emails on my Blackberry but I am FAST!  I was told, "don't worry, you'll get used to the iPhone's text touchscreen after a month or so".  Are you kidding me?  I don't want that long of a learning curve.  Yes, the screen is very nice and you can view web pages in "Portrait" or "Landscape" and there are cool apps but is that really all?  Blackberry has lots of cool apps too, not to mention, the BB-IM (in network instant messaging) feature that I can't live without.
So, I decided to stick with my trusted Blackberry and opt for an upgrade of my Curve 8310 which I've loved and been very satisfied with.  The upgrade is the Curve "Javelin" 8900.  I immediately went to the web to read the reviews on it and didn't find any bad ones.  Some of the good reviews were even from former iPhone users.  Imagine that!  :-)  The other thing that made the choice easy was I qualified through my current cell plan to get the phone at no additional cost.  Perfect!
Click here to check out a video demo of the Blackberry Curve 8900.

My past Blackberry Models:

Blackberry "Electron" 8700







Blackberry "88XX" 8800




 






                                                                           Blackberry "Curve" 8310










Photos courtesy www.Blackberry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment