Is Apple's iPad...All That?



There has been much hype about the newly released Apple iPad.  Being a self proclaimed techie, I was truly considering adding this gadget to my collection. But when I checked back to see if Apple had tweaked their tablet since my last blog on the topic, the iPad is STILL NOT able to run Adobe Flash Player!

With 85% of top 100 websites using Flash (including mine) and 75% of video being in Flash I am a little disappointed that Apple didn't make this available.  Don't get me wrong, there are lots of cool features to the iPad but I'm in no rush to go out and spend $500-$900 bucks on anything that doesn't have all the features that I think garner that price point.
However, I am an HP fan and they will be coming out with their own Slate tablet (above) very soon.  HP Slate will include a lot of the great iPad features but in addition it will include what the iPad is missing.  HP Slate will have a web cam, USB port, and the ability to run Web (Windows 7 OS), Adobe Flash Player and Air as well as the ability to run multiple applications at once (see videos below).  I hear that it may be less expensive as well.  I'm looking forward to giving the HP Slate a test drive.




Photos courtesy Guardian.uk and DailyMail.co.uk
Video courtesy Afterdawn.com

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know HP is going to put one out. They are making some very nice products so Apple better watch out

    ReplyDelete